This ain’t your grandma’s tourist workshop!
Join me in New York City for an engaging weekend of photography.
When: Friday, May 17, 2019 thru Sunday, May 19, 2019 – Itinerary subject to change
What: Photography workshop and hands-on shooting experience in New York. We’ll hit some off-the-beaten-path places and some exclusive, special-access spots as well.
- Top of the World Trade Center – spectacular views of New York at sunset!
- Brooklyn Navy Yard – two hour private tour focusing on photography
- A “secret” bar – I’m not telling!
- Fort Tilden for some nice battery and abandoned building photography (bring a bathing suit, it’s on the beach)
- Satan’s Circle Walking Tour – a look at all things tawdry
- A graffiti collective with legal artwork
- Flea Markets; iconic restaurants
- And more, TBA!
Details: We will depart on Friday morning from Union Station, and return on Sunday evening.
- Hotel in Times Square (double occupancy) – unless you opt out
- Train fare from Washington, D.C. – unless you opt out
- Admission to all sites
- Subway, cabs, etc.
What’s not: meals, incidentals
What to bring: Camera, tripod (optional), lots of memory cards and extra batteries, laptop computer (if desired), rain gear (and something to cover your camera in case it does rain! Rain will not stop us!), good walking shoes. Some activities require closed toe shoes.
Price: $1189, (double occupancy; $1489 single) – $579 without hotel and transportation